Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Yes I do have a blog! Thanks for asking.

So I had planned out this big introduction to my new blog, DIG. But then I decided to scrap that and just bombard you with my favorite photos from this Christmas. I'm sure most of you (my non-existent-for-now followers) have seen all these photos either on Flickr (Flickr ) or on Facebook. I'm sure it is very evident by now that I am completely....100% obsessed with photography. Of course I love taking pictures of my kids (who by now, are very sick of me having a camera in their face 24-7) but my favorite is to photograph landscapes, flowers, nature....the unexpected beauty. Photography has been so rewarding because it has really helped me to take the time and take notice of everything around me. I'm there...with my trusty Nikon....looking for the next perfect shot and in the meantime slowing down to really be there, be here, be present.
I should also warn you that I'm very indecisive.  So when I say I'm posting my favorite photo....that will usually mean my top 10 favorite photos because I can't narrow it down.
So here it goes....favorite photos from the last week.  And please...if you feel so inclined....leave a comment.  It makes me feel loved.













7 comments:

happy_wife said...

I always love your pics on Facebook. I really hope to learn a little from you with your mad photography skills. Luke got me a schmancy camera last year for Christmas and, besides the fact it is still set on "auto", my pics are about as sad as my bank account post Christmas shopping.

And where is this crazy house with the insane lights?? I have seen it before. Just looking at it makes me exhausted!

'Dig' the new blog, by the way! :)
Janie

leigh said...

Thank you Janie! The lights are from Chesapeake...they pretty much illuminate the entire city.
I hope you, Luke and Alex had a wonderful Christmas! Cyber cheers to you my friend! I dig you :) I just had to throw that in for the cheese factor.

Anonymous said...

So is this blog just going to make me feel jealous of your amazing photographic skillzzzz all of the time? LOVE YOU!!! Now keep it up!

happy_wife said...

You had me at cheese.

We did have a good Christmas, thanks! We hosted my entire family for an exhausting, I mean, FUN, 10 days. Yeah, when you come from Brazil and China you tend to stay longer than a weekend. It was good, but I assured Luke I will be recovering well in to the new year and would still require many hours at a spa to fully get back on my feet. When I reminded him of this yesterday he laughed out loud, thinking I was kidding. Silly boy. Looks like from your pics, you all had a good holiday too!

OK, good to know the lights are from an actual corporation rather than someone who had a liiiitle too much time on their hands. Makes me think I should finish that load of laundry....I mean, I'm not gonna tonight, but I thought about it.

Cheers!
Janie

leigh said...

ok Janie...if you have time to post a comment to me then you have time to update your blog, woman!

happy_wife said...

I respect your moves. Well played.

janie

Jenn said...

Hey, we have a green pickle too!

Post a Comment