Friday, December 31, 2010

The Best of Intentions

This arrived in my email inbox this morning for my last day of Picture The Holidays with Tracey Clark.


"It's hard to believe that the year is really coming to an end, but hasn't it been enchanting spending the past 30 days together collecting the last images of 2010? Today, let's shoot something that encompasses our 
intentions for the New Year. Consider what you want to set into motion for the next year and try to capture something that will keep your intentions fresh in your mind. An iconic symbol of something important to you is one way to keep yourself mindful of it. Try to visualize a mood, thought, intention, dream and/or wish and 
then "picture it" for today's prompt."

I like the idea of Intentions better than resolutions, don't you?  I intend to put the following ideas, thoughts, behavior into motion instead of resolving to change something about myself. Resolutions leave too much room for failure while intentions are striving towards something.  


Intentions for 2011
Strive to be the best mother I can be and to limit the following phrases-"In a minute", "maybe", "hold on a second"
Continue to find beauty in unexpected places-this helps me to slow down and take notice of the world around me
Focus on Mother Nature-not only as a muse for photography but as the inspiration for my career as a designer
Take lots and lots of photos and continue to learn as much as I can!

The intentions that I couldn't capture in my neat little collage above.
get healthy
make healthy choices
strive to eat pure, real food not processed crap
be a better friend

"Live with intention.  Walk to the edge.  Listen hard.  Practice wellness.  Play with abandon.  Laugh.  Choose with no regret.  Appreciate your friends.  Continue to learn.  Do what you love.  Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher

So what are your intentions for 2011?




3 comments:

happy_wife said...

"Swig of wine"? Please send me your blood type....cause I have a very specific list of "If I die, please harvest my organs for these people first" list. Me thinks you should be on it.

As for my intentions.....gee, one reason I didn't comment is because I don't quite know yet.....in a good way.

**I want to be a good mom (I will try for great, but hope for good, because a toddler + pacifier weaning = only so much).
**I want to embrace my inner curly-hair-ism's because in Houston, that is all I can do.
** I am going to take a photography class with a pal since we are both equally as clueless about picture takin'!
**I am going to attempt to blog more.....that is if I can find something more exciting to blog about than poop. Hey, you have been there, and while poop is key, I have learned not everyone loooves or finds it as important.

Diana said...

Oh, I love this. Met you on Picture Winter! Happy 2011.

leigh said...

Janie you must blog more, because you are hilarious. Seriously....I don't waste my wine on just anyone's humor!

Diana....thank you so much for stopping by!

Post a Comment